Why stainless steel?
- Toxin-free and plastic-free; BPA-free, PVC-free, lead-free, and phthalate-free
- 18/8 or SAE 304 stainless steel is used and is nontoxic, hypoallergenic, and highly resistant to corrosion
- It feels substantial and keeps its good looks for a long time
- It is extremely durable and has a long life
When to transition to stainless steel cutlery?
It’s better to start babies on soft cutlery and only move to metal when they are ready
- Metal is hard and babies mouth and chew everything. Biting down on metal can hurt or damage sensitive gums and teeth. Wait until your baby has learnt how to take food off utensils without biting down
- Babies start off by waving and flapping everything. Metal is heavier and harder so an accidental knock to the head could be quite painful. Wait until your little one has moved out of this phase
- Metal is extremely temperature sensitive and reflects the food’s temperature. You are unlikely to be giving your baby very hot food but the temperature fluctuations may put your baby off using utensils so wait until they are used to food and utensils
- Free shipping within New Zealand for Avanchy orders over $75
- Size: 14cm L, 3cm W
- Suitable for children from about 18m+ but take your cues from the above guide
- Dishwasher safe
- Do not use in microwave (as with all metal)