This Foaming Body Wash is the natural way to shower or bathe your babies and children. It will not only clean their bodies but will leave their skin feeling soft and moisturised. The organic castile soap will remove dirt and grime while the organic jojoba oil will nourish the skin. With the perfect combination of natural raw ingredients and essential oils, this Foaming Body Wash will quickly become an essential part of your cleaning routine.
DIY KIT INFORMATION
Each DIY Kit includes enough raw ingredients to fill the jar or bottle 5 times. This also helps to reduce packaging and waste which is great for our planet. The main aim of Essentials Only is to teach you how to make your own products so you know exactly what is in everything that you put on your body. It should be your choice right? Each Kit comes with full bottles of the recommended essential oils for this product, so enough to make the product itself 5 times plus more to use around the house. Please ensure you follow the dilution ratios given below and included with your DIY Kit. If you’d prefer to use oils you already have or none at all (possible for some of our Kits) we also offer our quality raw ingredients separately. Remember to always follow safe essential oil practices (outlined below).
Raw Ingredients included in the kit:
Organic Palm-free Liquid Castile Soap, Organic Jojoba oil
Essential oils associated with this kit:
Products containing essential oils should be stored out of direct sunlight. It is recommended that products containing essential oils are stored in glass containers but certain plastic types are also safe – read which ones here.
ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY
With thanks to Gillian Parkinson – Clinical Aromascience Practitioner (NZQA, IFPA, ITEC) for the following information:
Essential oils can be incredibly effective (if used safely) and must be highly respected as they are still a concentrated form of a chemical (despite being natural). As such, I would like to bring the following guidelines to your attention:
- Bottles of essential oils should be stored away from rooms that babies and children frequent and always be kept out of reach.
- Dilution rates can be found below and are age appropriate.
- Essential oils have a cumulative effect and therefore incorrect use such as undiluted use, internal use, overuse, incorrect use for age ranges, incorrect dilutions for age ranges can cause adverse reactions over time.
- Diffuse essential oils when there is a need for a specific purpose. It is not required to diffuse essential oils constantly.
- Never add undiluted essential oils to baths. Add the oil to pure liquid Castile soap, mix and then add to the bath. The reason for this is because oil and water do not mix, adding oil directly to the bath water poses a risk if the pure essential oils touch the skin of babies and small children.
- When applying essential oils topically (to the skin) they should always be diluted for babies and children using a carrier oil. We recommend Organic Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO) but many other oils can be used including olive oil, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, apricot kernel oil and many more.
For further information about using essential oils with babies and children in particular please consult the detailed blog on this website here.
ESSENTIAL OIL DILUTION RATES
Essential oils should always be diluted when used on anyone except full grown adults. Whether oils are being added to baths, diffusers or the skin they must be diluted when being used for babies and children. We recommend the following dilution ratios and all our recipes use these: